Thursday, July 2, 2009

July 2











It's been ages since I've had a computer, so I'll do a brief overview of the past week or so.

There have been a lot of hills. An extraordinarily excessive number of climbs followed by what feels like a significantly smaller number of descents. I am unbelievably excited for the flat mid west, and am hoping that Ohio is all its cracked up to be, in terms of lack of large hills.

I'm exhausted and a little bit beaten up. I had my first real fall on Saturday (I think... days kind of blend together when you're spending more than 8 hours on a bike) when I hit a giant rock, popped my front tire and gracefully spilled into the road. Sunday was a century ride, which was loooooong and the past two days have both been around 80 miles. It's nice to have a day off, even though we're in Pittsburgh which isn't the most beautiful city in the world. Yesterday we had to bike to our host site in the city center which was pretty frightening.

More importantly, the group of people is great so despite being tired and sore and bruised I'm having fun. I'll admit that the idea of having to get back on my bike tomorrow is scary, but I'm pumped to have more adventures, etc etc. Hopefully the rain will let up a little (it's rained pretty much every day we've been on the road) and I'll start physically adjusting, but in the end it'll be fun even if things continue as they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment